Saturday, October 1, 2011

So, it's been a while, Life got in the way of playing..
But lucky me, I have a son and a wife who enable me.
So, let's see, I got a New Viper with shiny face, A Stalker, a Black Dragon , a Punisher figure, another Rocket Duke, a wolf hound on sale at Tuesday Morning and a Polar Sharc. The last two were 23 bucks total.

So I'll talk about the figures now, and get back to a 10 yr old in a 47 yr old body later.
So let's see. Sgt Stalker....Are kidding me? This guy is really cool, can't say enough good things about him, great look. Great gear. That's it. That's all the good things I have to say about him.
The colors COULD be worse, but then, they could be a lot better...Now, sculpt wise,everything is cool,even his "Revolutionary freedom fighter power to the people" head. Sucks as a Joe figure head though. Looks good on several other black bodies. Just not as a joe.So he gets the older Stalker head.

Viper with the shiny face...This is another slam dunk. Except for the head. I'll keep it, it's pretty darned neat.but I think it'll be replaced with just about ANY other Viper head I can find. But this guy ROCKS!

Black Dragon Pilot. Not bad, usable. HEAD SUCKS! What is up in Hasbro? They seem to kill good figures with odd heads. But I'm odd, I see most folks are lovin' these heads.

Wolf Hound Driver. Great looking dude. GOOD head. And that's about it. Blah figure for any use except snow. Can't wait for snow.

Polar Sharc driver. I was handed one of these figures last week, and then I got a complete sub and driver set. More on sub later, but the figure? Not bad, swapped one head ,left the other. Blay figure for any use except snow. But hey, that's what snow is for.

The Rocket Duke, is well, a Duke. Head swapping madness continues...

Punisher. This guy looks pretty good. And is almost useless. Weapons are badly done and too big.
Articulation sucks and can only be made better with work.. The head is good, but the neck post is different. drats! I tried to put a trench coat on him, but he's too muscled up.

Which leads me to a new figure I made. Ta black snake eyes body, a blue lined cobra commander coat and a ROC Zartan head. Paint Zartan's hair black and BAM! You got a Punisher. Well, you gotta make the skull shirt. but there you go...


Now except for the Staker, all figures are colored fine. All have good articulation (that I improve with a hobby knife). All come with fantastic sculpting. The gear is excellent.The weapons that the new guys come with are cool, the Viper's rocket launcher is cool, the rocket is removable. Very nice... Stalker has the COOLEST pistol and silencer set up. Too cool!

I've finally seen an Iron Grenedier or what ever he's called. Meh. and a Toxic viper or Bio viper, whatever...Meh...but I'll likely get them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment