Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Corps!

Ok so today I was hungrey for some new toys...
I got a few things from The Corps!. I got a 3 pack of figures that came with a cool hooded figure with some kind of video game looking NVGs, a mild bearded figure, and a bald guy with NVGs pulled up. I looked at the heads and said, they gotta get transplanted...I perfected the carve and drill technique some time ago. Another discovery, there are 2 styles of neck post with these guys. A full on ball and a square based post. Now why is this important? welll, it means the heads will transplant onto PTE figures VERY easy! But that's another post... Any way, these guys are USELESS!! The pack came with an OK but not good dirtbike for background use, a really crappy tracked thing that got tossed. And useless floppy weapons. I got a single fig, a Nick Fury looking head. Same story as the others, useless. And then I opened the STORM STRIKE swing wing fighter. It looks like a cross between a FireBat and the F22 Raptor and a bit of Tomcat. It has lights and sound. Two bombs and two missile-let thingys. It seats one pilot (not included). The plane is ok, the digi-flage is painted on, but there is an odd protective cover over the wings. Now, my 10yr old brain says "COOL!" it is at least as good as the Firebat/Skysweeper. And to me, better. Did I mention the retractable gear? Of course the 47 year ols says this thing is kinda tad pole-y. It's fat at the front and sadly dribbles to scrawny with pityful tail fins. Gotta fix them. It is really gonna be a Cobra bird. I won't get another one, but I do intend to get a few of the FANG looking helos. And the Vamp looking truck looks nice. And to go with my AT yellow Dauphin, I intend to get the lil 1 man lil bird helo, and it's yellow time for it too. Is The Corps! worth getting? Only if you're willing to cut/chop/hack/paint and discard. But it is nice to see stuff cheap enuff to be able to do that with. Wait until I get some pics of my new figs.

No comments:

Post a Comment