Monday, June 13, 2011

Pursuit of Cobra Jungle BAT

A Jungle BAT? Seriously?
Yeah, I guess so. Hell, he's got a machete, so why not?

But a Jungle BAT? Most of the latest releases from Hasbro for the Pursuit of Cobra line appear to be "Franken-Joes" - a combination of assorted parts used to make either a new character or an update of other characters. This new version of the BAT is no exception.

This version uses the entire mold from the 25th Anniversary Battle Android Trooper with just a new color palette and a new assortment of weapons. The original version kicked all sorts of ass and still remains as one of the best updates from the classic to the new style body construction.



The Jungle BAT comes with an assortment of goodies. Besides the standard BAT arm weapons, there are several different choices for arming your Jungle BAT. A machete, an AK-47, and a mini-gun w/ ammo belt and ammo backpack. Plus the BAT comes with the battle damaged head. That battle damaged head is really well done. plus the chest panel has taken a few hits as well. The BAT loaded up for some heavy-duty brush clearing in the jungle. A Jungle BAT?


I'm just not digging this color palette of this thing. The camo pattern, while cool, just doesn't work for me. And I'm not sure how well a complex electronic device is going to work in the hot, humid jungles.

Close-up of battle damage - nice job, Hasbro!
When the 25th Anniversary excess inventory arrived at discount retailers such as Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Ross and Family Dollar, I loaded up on BATs. I guess I got a little "BAT-sh!t" crazy. I bought nearly every BAT that I could find. I'm just not feeling it for these new versions. I think that I might buy one more of these Jungle BATs.


It's not like he's going to be lonely. He does have a few friends.

Now if Hasbro had redone the BAT in a more urban camo color palette? I might have again been hit by BAT fever and "needed" to load up on these rascals.

No comments:

Post a Comment