Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pursuit of Cobra Snake Eyes Review

Finally!! Pursuit of Cobra Snake Eyes is mine!! Around a week ago, I stumbled across the wave 3 version of Snake Eyes. Reviews have been all over the G.I. Joe fan websites and he was no where to be found locally. No luck at Joelanta this year. I was getting irritated - but I knew I just had to be patient. My local Walmart finally got some new Joes. Finally!!

So what do I think? Is he the ultimate Snake Eyes? Is he the perfect G.I. Joe figure? Pretty dang close! The figure is impressive in the package, but then the Pursuit of Cobra figures look great in package anyway. Snake Eyes is loaded with gear. Two swords with sheaths, one larger sword, two pistols. one with a silencer, an Uzi with a silencer, a SCAR assault rifle, two knives, an explosives pack and an extra head sculpt. Plus there are two elastic straps that hang from the web gear between his legs. I tugged briefly on one of them to straighten it out and it pulled free. So I pulled them both out. No loss, I like him better without them.


He has the standard G.I. Joe articulation, plus the added bonus of swivel and pivot wrists. The only issue that I have is the right elbow, it doesn't bend up as far as I had hoped. Just a minor issue. Other issues that I have with this figure - minor, but just a little bothersome. The knife scabbard on the shoulder is cool, but just too bulky for the location - so I removed it. The pistol that can use the silencer is too thin for the hoslter and Snake Eyes can't hold it. The other pistol is a better fit. And those silencers - cool idea, but so dang tiny! Easily lost! I almost lost one of the knives. POC figures have some damn cool accessories, but some bits are just so small! Not really interested in the second head sculpt. I like the original style mask over the ninja visor. It's cool, just not essential to me. I'll post pics of it later.



Here he is, compared to the Resolute version. The Resolute version now goes into retirement. If I were to rate this new version of Snake Eyes from 1 to 10, he gets a solid 9. Detailing on the sculpt is just amazing. This figure truly is the best Snake Eyes that Hasbro has ever made. I don't know if Hasbro could improve this character.

Hasbro could get a lot of mileage out of this body sculpt. It is extremely well done and lends itself to covert ops customs with various other characters.



I found this black back pack in my extra gear and I think that it works great with Snake Eyes. He gets it. I'll post a follow up in a few days with more pictures of this kick-ass figure. I highly recommend this figure - no more Snake Eyes figures are needed - this one is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment