Saturday, January 21, 2012

Enough rah rah Hasbro

So, I've been working on my PTE 1/18th building. Making it a very nice IMHO bombed out building. Now as a toy, this thing rocks. Hasbro seems to have just dropped the ball on some clearly wanted accessories. I mean a mobile pit is nice and all, and the USS FLAG is legendary, but who NORMALLY in this economy can afford or has the space for such things? And the PIT is really crap anyway. But I digress. So PTE (Power team elite, world peacekeepers) makes towers and outpost and real world vehicles as well as a command center, and 2 buildings and some ruin sections. Hasbro gives us what? Oh yeah, a re-colored Hiss. hmm, 3 colors of the new Hiss. And what the hell is that Hummer/jeep/dune buggy thing that keeps getting re-re-released.
While were all going ooh and ahhh over some Joe figures getting new wrist articulation, why can't ALL the figures get it? Why can't Hasbro or some 3rd party release an upgrade of hands ,like Dragon and 21st toys did? We would fall all over ourselves to get those. How bout Accessory packs?
Cheaper than molding and shipping figures. But mostly, I have been playing with some Star Wars ARF troopers and a new SandTrooper, my son got me. Something no one has the BALLS (that's right, I said it) to complain about, is HEAD ARTICULATION. The new troopers (I own just 8 Star Wars toys for a diorama project) are fantasticly poseable compared to a joe. Now these are not as detailed to be sure. But they can look id places a Joe would wind up in traction from. And the trooper can shoulder the weapons and sight down the barrel. Are the guys from Kenner not allowed to talk to Hasbro? Share some knowledge. Anyway, in my binary world of good/bad, right/wrong, I just am getting tired of Hasbro demanding a premium for their toys, and leaving us with piss poor distribution,sub-state of the art construction and looking for some one else's toys to make Joe worth while. Want an Apache affordable and half-ass accurate? Don't look at the dragonhawk...what a POS, the 10yr old in me even hates it. Want to deliver your spec ops team ? Get a cheap black hawk. Want a gunship for fire support? Don't look at MARS industry for the Cobra Gunship. Want Armor, real armor? Don't look to Mars for that stupid twin cannoned rocket equipped,mine laying thing. Get a Bradly or a Chinese BTR type. Want a jet? Ohhh, look a TOMCAT....not. Or get a sorta kinda close Hornet. And if we were lucky and Hasbro were to license some stuff from PTE, we could have Flankers and warthogs and Migs to go with our littlebirds and dauphins and Blackhawks. Did I mention the Raptor?
Now to be fair, Hasbro does make cool stuff...The Black Dragon is a worthwhile toy, but not as an adversary for the Skystriker.My Black Dragon is a drone. Anyway, that's my take on this situation with Hasbro. Love figures that just don't show up, wonder about all the peg warmers, and gaze in awe at the vast Star Wars selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment