Monday, January 2, 2012

G.I. Joe - Cobra New Releases

Cobra forces are representing in the new releases as well! Mostly troop builders with one notable exception. Again, individual reviews to follow in the coming days.

So here's the exception. Another damn Stormshadow? I am so tired of this guy! Wait a minute! This Stormshadow kicks an unholy amount of ass! Holy crap! Look at all this extra gear! Plus you can have a Renegades or regular version of Stormy with a simple head swap.


The Cobra trooper from Renegades is pretty dang cool! Two different choices for the head for some troop variation. I like this guy, but not as much as the Cobra trooper and the Cobra Viper. I don't think I'll get over obsessive about this figure.


The Techno Viper! Cobra's combat engineers get a great facelift. Very bulky, great new tools, and a cool helmet upgrade. And a green safety cone! Sweet!


Yes, Hasbro went zombie on us. It's not like they haven't before with the Toxo-Zombie. But this thing is just very well done. But is it a true "undead" zombie or a Cobra experiment gone wrong? I don't know. I'm not sure how they fit into my twisted Joe-world. Still pretty damn creepy cool!

2 comments:

  1. It can't be said enough how good these last few waves have been. And this is coming after the glory of the Pursuit of Cobra line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now the 10yr old in me is gushing. But the 47yr old is just Meh. The Tropper is good, and I want 1 more but they are pretty few and far between. So is the Zombie. All the others you have to kick down the row to get past. I have Law and order, and it's decent fig.

    ReplyDelete