Monday, January 2, 2012

G.I. Joe: Renegades

Hasbro ended 2011 with a bang! Two quick waves of figures right at the end of the year really showed off the incredible work that Hasbro has been doing with the "30th Anniversary" line.

While previous waves have been largely troop builders (not that I'm complaining!), these last two waves were largely character driven, with just a couple troop builders.

The G.I. Joe: Renegades series got a few additions to into figure form. Despite the apparent lack of support from Hasbro, there certainly was some quality work done by the G.I. Joe design team.

This is just a quick look at each figure. More in depth out-of-package reviews later. (I promise!)

Ripcord turned out to be a pretty decent figure. A few misses with this figure, but overall, not a bad job. Is he supposed to have hair or not?


I really like this version of Tunnel Rat. A great version of the Renegades character and just a great update on Tunnel Rat. I'm not 100% on board with all of his gear, but the figure is excellent! Scarlett gets a great remake in the Renegades line. Excellent sculpting, and great articulation highlighted by a pretty decent head sculpt. Gone is the massive melon-head from the Resolute version. Very small amount of gear included. And I know it's been a part of her since 1982, but I am so damn tired of the crossbow. Give her a damn rifle! As one of the "Easter Eggs" of Renegades, Law & Order get a great new version for the line. This is just an exceptional figure. I can't think of anything negative to say about him.


Look for the individual reviews soon!

1 comment:

  1. We covered Ripcord. Tunnel Rat is a meh from me.
    As for a negative about Law and order? The dog's vest/harness thing should have been removable. PTE has a better German shepherd.

    ReplyDelete