Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Flight Pods & Pictures & Stuff

I just thought that I would post a few pictures to tie into Wess' post about the Flight Pods. Pretty cool little vehicles - and like most GI Joe/Cobra vehicles - not very practical in a 1/1 version.


A comparison of the original colors of the flight pod and the ROC version. The black & red one came from a Target exclusive set that was so exclusive that it was only sold at Ross. What?

I guess that just shows how bad the ROC line was starting to suck. Retailers didn't even want their own exclusives!

So Wess suggested that I switch the canopies to see how they would look. The clear dome on the black body looks pretty cool. I didn't take a pic of the red dome on white body, just didn't look right together.

The other Elite Vipers share a good laugh at the new guy's uniform.
Maybe this is why Target bailed on the exclusive. The colors on the Elite Viper pilot are just... crappy? I thought that this type of color pallete for GI Joe toys was abandonded back with the demise of the original line in the early 80's. Yeuch! Just custom fodder!

So he becomes custom fodder. I took the helmet and switched it out for Destro's chrome melon and - maybe a new version of a SAW viper? Sounds good to me.
Well, actually, it doesn't. I have since switched out this head with a ROC neo-viper head. Looks even better.
Sorry, pale pinkish hued Elite Viper, back to the island of misfit toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment