Sunday, March 20, 2011

Joelanta 2011 - Part 1

Every year, Atlanta gets to host its very own GI Joe convention/toy show. Buddy Finethy & the crew behind Joelanta do a stellar job every single year. This year was no exception!

Today's show was a step above others that I have been to with the inclusion of a very special guest - Larry Hama! The mastermind behind much of the mythos of the G.I. Joe: Real American Hero line, he is always a welcome sight to see at any venue. Plus I got his autograph! So I'm happy!

I'm going to post a few updates during the week regarding some of the stuff seen at Joelanta. This year's show was very 1/6th scale heavy. Tons of stuff for the big Joe collector! A decent amount for the small scale collector, but mostly big dude stuff.

There were some amazing deals to be found today. There were several great boxed 1/6th troops that were being sold for below retail costs. I was sorely tempted, but I've got too much 1/6th stuff as it is.



I highly recommend this yearly event for any Joe collectors that can get here! Not near as involved as the big GI Joe convention, but it works just great for me!

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment